Whitemarsh Township Emergency Services
Fire & Ambulance Services
First responders to emergency calls are crucial in any town. In addition to the Whitemarsh Township Police, there are Two volunteer Two volunteer fire companies and one EMS Squad, comprised of both paid and volunteer personnel expertly trained to provide life-saving help where and when needed.
In addition to putting out fires and aiding the sick or injured, we provide the community:
- Smoke Alarms: The Fire Marshal and fire companies will evaluate your home for proper coverage of smoke alarms and install new ones if needed at no cost.
- Fire Extinguisher & Fire Safety training: The Fire Marshal and fire companies provide employee training to businesses, medical facilities, and schools.
- CPR/First Aid Training: Whitemarsh Community Ambulance Association provides training from lay person to medical profession in these lifesaving courses.
- Rescue operations and urgent communication services in major emergencies.
Become involved in your area's fire company or ambulance squad. All three companies are always looking for local residents that wish to volunteer and help their community. The respective organizations provide the necessary training to be a valuable asset to our community and perhaps start a new career. Residents and businesses can show their support by donating to the companies’ fund drives. Stay up to date by visiting their social media pages to see what community events are going on.
- Obey all laws, including fire and safety-specific laws (read our feature on grill safety)
- Know the dangers of stormwater
- Change smoke detector batteries when you change you clocks (email if you need a free smoke detector installed in your home, or know of someone who does)
- A new fireworks ordinance has recently passed. It can be viewed here:
Contact for Questions
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the Emergency Operations Plan, please contact the Emergency Services Administrator by telephone at 484-594-2614, or by email.
Special Needs Registry
The Special Needs Registry is an alert for Emergency Service Coordinators to identify individuals who would be unable to evacuate in a disaster situation is available to residents. This is a cooperative effort between Bucks, Chester, and Montgomery counties. Residents can sign up for the Special Needs Registry at the ReadyMontCo link provided below.
Residents are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to upgrade to the new system. The old system, ReadyNotify, is no longer active as of June 30, 2015.
Watch the County video on how ReadyMontco works.
Whitemarsh Township Business Registry