Police R.E.A.C.H. Program
The purpose of the R.E.A.C.H. program is designed to help police officers teach youth how to make healthy decisions to avoid crime and harm. This program starts with a process that focusing on the need for the child to take ownership of their safety.
The R.E.A.C.H. program was developed to deal with the new challenges facing our youth on a daily basis. This program focuses on building a positive relationship with our youth. It instructs students on how to reduce their exposure to drugs, violence and risky behavior. It helps students to make healthy decisions, form healthy relationships with others and allows them to become good role models and citizens of our community.
R.E.A.C.H. stands for:
- Realistic - A tendency to face the facts and be practical
- Education - The process of developing knowledge, skill and character
- Avoid - To keep away from, to evade
- Crime - Bad behavior, wrongdoing and corruption
- Harm - To hurt injure or damage